X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

openoffice 2.4.0 crashes X when clicking menu items

hi,

i am having a very annoying issue with openoffice after upgrading from kubuntu 7.10 to 8.04. specifically, i can start and run openoffice applications, but if i attempt to click on any of the menu items (File, Edit, etc), it completely crashes X. i mean, the mouse will still move the cursor, but nothing else short of restarting X gets my system back. i can use keyboard shortcuts to open, save, etc, but if i click on any menu item, X is hosed. i have no idea what relevant information might be useful to people who may help me troubleshoot this issue, so if you think you can help but need some log output or something, please just let me know. oh, and i have checked if there is any openoffice logs in /var/log but didn't see anything. any help will be much appreciated. the only non-standard thing i have installed is all the stuff required for running 32-bit swiftweasel (which is working just fine).

thanks,
    bryan

Re: openoffice 2.4.0 crashes X when clicking menu items

By chance, are you using an Nvidia graphics card? And, if yes, did you download the latest driver AFTER installing 8.04? I had a graphics card driver issue when I upgraded from 7.10 to 8.04. I solved by using Envy to install the latest driver AUTOMATICALLY. Big time saver. http://albertomilone.com/nvidia_scripts1.html

Mike
    sudo make me rich<br /><br />Kubuntu Gutsy 7.10<br />KDE 3.5<br />Compaq Presario 5000<br />Intel Celeron 1.2 Ghz<br />512 Ram, Riva TNT2 Video Card<br />All the above hardware is 7 year old junk but<br />Linux runs great on it.&nbsp; :&gt<br />Ham Radio Rules

Comment

Working...
    X