X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KDE 4.0.4 packages actually 4.0.3?

Hi!

Has anyone tried installing the latest hardy KDE 4.0.4 packages? The installation went fine, although some system-tray icons are scrambled a bit... and that prompted me to check the about dialog box for KDE (available from any kde application) - and it still shows 4.0.3! The packages installed definitely state 4.0.4, but all about boxes show the older version, both for application and KDE (i.e. Konqueror (4.0.3) using KDE 4.0.3).

Anyone else see this?

Re: KDE 4.0.4 packages actually 4.0.3?

Hi!
    I've installed kde 4.0.3 recently and i noticed that all the dialogs box of all programs still showed 4.0.3. I guess it's a simple mistake. ( i hope...)

Comment

I've been wondering why the update hasn't shown up, and it seems that some mirrors still don't have the 4.0.4 files. Perhaps yours was still part way through syncing up?

Comment

Yeah, funny thing is, 4.0.4 packages didnt get automatically updated by apt-get ... it took starting up adept-manager and reloading package lists to get the "full upgrade" buton, and that installed them...

Anyway, it's not possible for a single package to upgrade partially... so when dpkg -l says
        Code:
        ii konqueror-kde4               4:4.0.4-0ubuntu1~hardy3
        and konqueror help-> about konqueror says "Konqueror Version 4.0.3 (KDE 4.0.3) Using KDE 4.0.3 (KDE 4.0.3)" something is fishy.

And,
        Code:
        # dpkg -l |grep kde |grep 4.0.3
        shows only one 4.0.3 package left
        Code:
        ii kdeadmin-kde4               4:4.0.3-0ubuntu2                  system administration tools
        and no newer versions:
        Code:
        # apt-get install kdeadmin-kde4
        Reading package lists... Done
        Building dependency tree    
        Reading state information... Done
        kdeadmin-kde4 is already the newest version.
        0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
        So... could it be the ballmer peak backfiring?

Comment

Update:

I tried a few bugs reported as fixed on the KDE 4.0.4 changelog (unable to print a certain pdf from okular, bookmark renaming not updating the tooltips in okular) - and they indeed seem to be fixed. Okular reports version 0.6.3 although KDE 4.0.4 should contain version 0.6.4... so it seems that it's possible that patches for 4.0.4 were applied after all, even if version strings do not match.

It seems that only the packager can give us the final answer.

Comment

Glad to see I'm not the only one... about the only other thing that has changed is that now as I type this the animation of the emoticons above are completely messing up the rendering of this "Post reply" box on the page... that and my login background is a jumbled mess.

Comment

bump. This updated was worse than any step along the kde4 journey the past few months... what happened?

Comment

i'm on intrepid w/ KD4 and the 4.0.4 packages still haven't landed. kinda funny that the older version has the newest version of kde4...
                <br />

Comment

Originally posted by kjjjjshab
                  Glad to see I'm not the only one... about the only other thing that has changed is that now as I type this the animation of the emoticons above are completely messing up the rendering of this "Post reply" box on the page... that and my login background is a jumbled mess.
                  Heh, yes, kdm-kde4 login wallpaper is not displaying (95% of the time)... and the icons in the system tray are garbled as well...

Not quite a step forward with these 4.0.4 packages. I was hoping to see some konsole bugfixes as well (which seem to be present in the 4.1 alpha), but obviously not yet.

And dolphin is incredibly slow (moving mouse pointer over directories and files seems like running through honey)... a KDE4Live with 4.1 alpha running in a virtual machine is so much faster it's hard to describe. And Konqueror is still not fit for browsing (this site for instance).

And, and, and. Come on devs, stop partying and do some good, we're cheering for you!

Comment

Working...
                  X