This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Raptor

Can anybody point to an easy way to install Raptor as an alternative menu? I have tried the instructions at http://www.raptor-menu.org/download but cannot get them to work.

fred
    0%
    jim
    0%

Re: Raptor

I've tried apt-get'ing build-essentials automake and cmake and can't get it to install either. Right now the system is looking for qmake

Kev

Comment

i've exported the bin of upgraded qt4.4
      Code:
      sameh@sameh-desktop:~/raptormenu/build$ export PATH=/usr/share/qt4/bin:$PATH
      sameh@sameh-desktop:~/raptormenu/build$ cmake ../
      -- Found Qt-Version 4.4.0
      CMake Error: Qt4 qdbusxml2cpp was not found. Make sure it has been built and installed by Qt
      -- Configuring done
      now i wonder where that is
      no luck on adept

Comment

sorry!
        i found qdbusxml2cpp in /usr/bin
        but why cmake does'nt see it?
        strange

Comment

after some searching I stumbled into http://www.nabble.com/qdbusxml2cpp-td15372404.html
          but when I commented the line
          Code:
          #FIND_PACKAGE(Qt4 REQUIRED)
          cmake did find Qt..
          then asks me about setting some variables
          Code:
          sameh@sameh-desktop:~/raptormenu/build$ cmake ../
          -- Found Qt-Version 4.4.0 (using /usr/share/qt4/bin/qmake)
          -- Found X11: /usr/lib/libX11.so
          -- Found KDE 4.0 include dir: /usr/lib/kde4/include
          -- Found KDE 4 library dir: /usr/lib/kde4/lib
          -- Found KDE4 kconfig_compiler preprocessor: /usr/lib/kde4/bin/kconfig_compiler
          -- Found KDE4 automoc: /usr/lib/kde4/bin/kde4automoc
          CMake Error: This project requires some variables to be set,
          and cmake can not find them.
          Please set the following variables:
          QT_QTOPENGL_INCLUDE_DIR (ADVANCED)
          QT_QTOPENGL_LIBRARY (ADVANCED)

-- Configuring done
          any help?

Comment

Common... someone's got to have a clear idea on how to get this installed and working. I brag about this community all the time.. has my praise been misplaced!?!?!

Kev

Comment

Originally posted by Bongo5HH
              Common... someone's got to have a clear idea on how to get this installed and working. I brag about this community all the time.. has my praise been misplaced!?!?!

Kev
              Obviously not, I guess I can wait for either Raptor and/or Lancelot to appear in the official repositories

Comment

stephen@Enterprise1701A:~$ cd raptormenu
                stephen@Enterprise1701A:~/raptormenu$ cd build
                stephen@Enterprise1701A:~/raptormenu/build$ sudo cmake ../
                -- Found Qt-Version 4.4.0 (using /usr/bin/qmake)
                -- Found X11: /usr/lib/libX11.so
                -- Found Automoc4: /usr/bin/automoc4
                -- Found Perl: /usr/bin/perl
                -- Found KDE 4.1 include dir: /usr/lib/kde4/include
                -- Found KDE 4.1 library dir: /usr/lib/kde4/lib
                -- Found KDE4 kconfig_compiler preprocessor: /usr/lib/kde4/bin/kconfig_compiler
                -- Found KDE4 automoc: /usr/bin/automoc4
                -- Configuring done
                -- Generating done
                -- Build files have been written to: /home/stephen/raptormenu/build
                stephen@Enterprise1701A:~/raptormenu/build$ sudo make
                [ 21%] Built target raptormenu
                [ 32%] Built target raptorhelper
                [ 50%] Built target tom
                [ 67%] Built target tom-editor
                [ 75%] Built target raptormenu_nuno
                [ 82%] Built target raptormenu_classic
                [ 89%] Built target raptorfancybackground
                [100%] Built target raptormenubin
                stephen@Enterprise1701A:~/raptormenu/build$ sudo make install
                [ 21%] Built target raptormenu
                [ 32%] Built target raptorhelper
                [ 50%] Built target tom
                [ 67%] Built target tom-editor
                [ 75%] Built target raptormenu_nuno
                [ 82%] Built target raptormenu_classic
                [ 89%] Built target raptorfancybackground
                [100%] Built target raptormenubin
                Install the project...
                -- Install configuration: "RelWithDebInfo"
                -- Up-to-date: /usr/local/lib/libraptorhelper.so
                -- Up-to-date: /usr/local/lib/libtom.so
                -- Up-to-date: /usr/local/lib/libraptormenu.so
                -- Up-to-date: /usr/local/share/kde4/servicetypes/raptor-dataplugin.desktop
                -- Up-to-date: /usr/local/share/kde4/servicetypes/raptor-ui.desktop
                -- Up-to-date: /usr/local/share/kde4/servicetypes/raptor-backdropplugin.desktop
                -- Up-to-date: /usr/local/bin/tom-editor
                -- Up-to-date: /usr/local/share/apps/desktoptheme/default/raptor-menu/nonaccell.svg
                -- Up-to-date: /usr/local/share/apps/desktoptheme/default/raptor-menu/background.svg
                -- Up-to-date: /usr/local/share/apps/desktoptheme/default/raptor-menu/old.svg
                -- Up-to-date: /usr/local/lib/kde4/raptormenu_nuno.so
                -- Up-to-date: /usr/local/share/kde4/services/raptormenu-nuno.desktop
                -- Up-to-date: /usr/local/lib/kde4/raptormenu_classic.so
                -- Up-to-date: /usr/local/share/kde4/services/classic.desktop
                -- Up-to-date: /usr/local/lib/raptorplugins/libraptorfancybackground.so
                -- Up-to-date: /usr/local/raptorapp/groups/fancy.desktop
                -- Up-to-date: /usr/local/bin/raptormenubin
                stephen@Enterprise1701A:~/raptormenu/build$ raptor-menu
                bash: raptor-menu: command not found
                stephen@Enterprise1701A:~/raptormenu/build$ raptormenubin
                OK, this is all you get for now, we redoing some stuff so don't complain;-)

I too have been very interested in the raptor menu. I have googled many places, and the only leads i get are this post. however, after shooting in the dark with alot of hit and miss, i was able to compile raptor, all to get just a black little box with the "OK, this is all you get for now, we are redoing some stuff so don't complain;-)" dissapointing, but i promise i'm not complaining. I'm running Kubuntu 8.04 KDE4 remix with the latest KDE 4.1 Beta 2.
                As far as i can recall, in adept/synaptic/whatever package manager you use, you will need to search for the following,
                kdebase and kdelibs 4.whatever-the-latest-is, developement versions as well
                cmake
                make
                automake(i think it's something to do with auto completing)
                perl(you should already have this)
                composite(this search will bring up several results, down them all)

I know you will need all of those to get it to work, i might be leaving something out, but you will be able to do it yourself if you just look at the output. Here is the correct commands that you will need to enter in the terminal.

svn co svn://anonsvn.kde.org/home/kde/trunk/playground/base/raptormenu/
                cd raptormenu
                mkdir build
                cd build
                cmake ../
                make
                make install
                raptormenubin
                tom-editor
                This appears to be a menu editor for raptor, it lets you add apps and menus, it too, does not function.

On a positive note however, i believe that the raptor menu is a good concept and look foward to seeing it in KDE 4.2

Screenshot of my results:
                [img width=400 height=319]http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/9870/myraptormenujg9.png[/img]

Comment

You gotta compile Qt4.4 too and that really is a pain in the ass, and then you gotta tell it that you have Qt4.4 else he will always use the old version :s
                  I managed to compile raptormenu but it wasn't easy and then you saw the famous line
                  OK, this is all you get for now, we are redoing some stuff so don't complain;-)

So maybe wait until it's ready to use

Comment

i've compiling problems too, but the correct link to download/install raptor-menu is http://github.com/ruphy/raptor/tree/master , that's sure

$ make
                    [ 3%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/plasma_applet_raptor.dir/raptor.o
                    In file included from /home/marco/scripts/ruphy-raptor/raptor.cpp:10:
                    /home/marco/scripts/ruphy-raptor/raptor.h:16:30: error: Plasma/PopupApplet: Nessun file o directory
                    In file included from /home/marco/scripts/ruphy-raptor/raptor.cpp:10:
                    /home/marco/scripts/ruphy-raptor/raptor.h:25: error: expected class-name before ‘{’ token
                    /home/marco/scripts/ruphy-raptor/raptor.h:29: error: expected ‘,’ or ‘...’ before ‘&’ token
                    /home/marco/scripts/ruphy-raptor/raptor.h:29: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of ‘QVariantList’ with no type
                    /home/marco/scripts/ruphy-raptor/raptor.h:34: error: expected ‘,’ or ‘...’ before ‘*’ token
                    /home/marco/scripts/ruphy-raptor/raptor.h:35: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of ‘QStyleOptionGraphicsItem’ with no type
                    /home/marco/scripts/ruphy-raptor/raptor.h:39: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of ‘QGraphicsWidget’ with no type
                    /home/marco/scripts/ruphy-raptor/raptor.h:39: error: expected ‘;’ before ‘*’ token
                    /home/marco/scripts/ruphy-raptor/raptor.h:25: warning: ‘class Raptor’ has virtual functions but non-virtual destructor
                    /home/marco/scripts/ruphy-raptor/raptor.h:52: error: expected constructor, destructor, or type conversion before ‘(’ token
                    In file included from /usr/include/qt4/QtGui/qgraphicswidget.h:47,
                    from /usr/include/qt4/QtGui/QGraphicsWidget:1,
                    from /home/marco/scripts/ruphy-raptor/view/raptorgraphicswidget.h:14,
                    from /home/marco/scripts/ruphy-raptor/raptor.cpp:11:
                    /usr/include/qt4/QtGui/qfont.h:237: error: ‘FT_Face’ does not name a type
                    /home/marco/scripts/ruphy-raptor/raptor.cpp:20: error: prototype for ‘Raptor::Raptor(QObject*, const QVariantList&)’ does not match any in class ‘Raptor’
                    /home/marco/scripts/ruphy-raptor/raptor.h:25: error: candidates are: Raptor::Raptor(const Raptor&)
                    /home/marco/scripts/ruphy-raptor/raptor.h:29: error: Raptor::Raptor(QObject*, int)
                    /home/marco/scripts/ruphy-raptor/raptor.cpp: In constructor ‘Raptor::Raptor(QObject*, const QVariantList&)’:
                    /home/marco/scripts/ruphy-raptor/raptor.cpp:21: error: expected class-name before ‘(’ token
                    /home/marco/scripts/ruphy-raptor/raptor.cpp:24: error: no matching function for call to ‘Plasma::Svg::Svg(Raptor* const)’
                    /usr/lib/kde4/include/KDE/Plasma/../../plasma/svg.h:73: note: candidates are: Plasma::Svg::Svg(QObject*)
                    /usr/lib/kde4/include/KDE/Plasma/../../plasma/svg.h:51: note: Plasma::Svg::Svg(const Plasma::Svg&)
                    /home/marco/scripts/ruphy-raptor/raptor.cpp:27: error: ‘Plasma::Applet’ has not been declared
                    /home/marco/scripts/ruphy-raptor/raptor.cpp:27: error: ‘setBackgroundHints’ was not declared in this scope
                    /home/marco/scripts/ruphy-raptor/raptor.cpp:28: error: ‘resize’ was not declared in this scope
                    /home/marco/scripts/ruphy-raptor/raptor.cpp: In destructor ‘Raptor::~Raptor()’:
                    /home/marco/scripts/ruphy-raptor/raptor.cpp:34: error: ‘hasFailedToLaunch’ was not declared in this scope
                    /home/marco/scripts/ruphy-raptor/raptor.cpp: In member function ‘void Raptor::init()’:
                    /home/marco/scripts/ruphy-raptor/raptor.cpp:45: error: ‘setFailedToLaunch’ was not declared in this scope
                    /home/marco/scripts/ruphy-raptor/raptor.cpp:50: error: ‘setPopupIcon’ was not declared in this scope
                    /home/marco/scripts/ruphy-raptor/raptor.cpp: In member function ‘void Raptor::setupView()’:
                    /home/marco/scripts/ruphy-raptor/raptor.cpp:56: error: no matching function for call to ‘RaptorGraphicsWidget::RaptorGraphicsWidget(Raptor * const)’
                    /home/marco/scripts/ruphy-raptor/view/raptorgraphicswidget.h:22: note: candidates are: RaptorGraphicsWidget::RaptorGraphicsWidget(QGraphi csItem*)
                    /home/marco/scripts/ruphy-raptor/view/raptorgraphicswidget.h:19: note: RaptorGraphicsWidget::RaptorGraphicsWidget(const RaptorGraphicsWidget&)
                    /home/marco/scripts/ruphy-raptor/raptor.cpp: At global scope:
                    /home/marco/scripts/ruphy-raptor/raptor.cpp:59: error: no ‘QGraphicsWidget* Raptor::graphicsWidget()’ member function declared in class ‘Raptor’
                    /home/marco/scripts/ruphy-raptor/raptor.cpp:65: error: prototype for ‘void Raptor:aintInterface(QPainter*, const QStyleOptionGraphicsItem*, const QRect&)’ does not match any in class ‘Raptor’
                    /home/marco/scripts/ruphy-raptor/raptor.h:35: error: candidate is: void Raptor:aintInterface(QPainter*, int)
                    /home/marco/scripts/ruphy-raptor/raptor.cpp: In member function ‘void Raptor:aintInterface(QPainter*, const QStyleOptionGraphicsItem*, const QRect&)’:
                    /home/marco/scripts/ruphy-raptor/raptor.cpp:83: error: ‘PopupApplet’ has not been declared
                    In file included from /home/marco/scripts/ruphy-raptor/raptor.cpp:86:
                    /home/marco/scripts/ruphy-raptor/build/raptor.moc: At global scope:
                    /home/marco/scripts/ruphy-raptor/build/raptor.moc:38: error: ‘Plasma::PopupApplet’ has not been declared
                    /home/marco/scripts/ruphy-raptor/build/raptor.moc: In member function ‘virtual void* Raptor::qt_metacast(const char*)’:
                    /home/marco/scripts/ruphy-raptor/build/raptor.moc:52: error: ‘PopupApplet’ in namespace ‘Plasma’ does not name a type
                    /home/marco/scripts/ruphy-raptor/build/raptor.moc:53: error: ‘QMocSuperClass’ has not been declared
                    /home/marco/scripts/ruphy-raptor/build/raptor.moc: In member function ‘virtual int Raptor::qt_metacall(QMetaObject::Call, int, void**)’:
                    /home/marco/scripts/ruphy-raptor/build/raptor.moc:58: error: ‘PopupApplet’ in namespace ‘Plasma’ does not name a type
                    /home/marco/scripts/ruphy-raptor/build/raptor.moc:59: error: ‘QMocSuperClass’ has not been declared
                    make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/plasma_applet_raptor.dir/raptor.o] Error 1
                    make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/plasma_applet_raptor.dir/all] Error 2
                    make: *** [all] Error 2

Comment

Working...
                    X