This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Solved] no libdvdcss in hardy?

Has anyone else tried to play a movie dvd in hardy with kaffeine? It always worked in gutsy, This must be the first time I tried it in hardy. I tried it today and it wanted to install libdvdcss. It errored out. I knew this was installed in gutsy. So I fire up adept an search dvd, and there is no libdvdcss in the repos.WTF? Yes I have resticted and such enabled. I'm at work now but post your ideas and I will try when I get home or up in the morning.

Re: no libdvdcss in hardy?

HOWTO: Get commercial DVD playback in Kaffeine
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Did I mention it worked in gutsy? I upgraded to hardy during the beta (I wanted to help) but I thought all I needed to get comercial playback was libdvdcss?

Comment

Originally posted by smeghead67
        Did I mention it worked in gutsy?
        Yes. But if you no longer have DVD playback capability in HH, then just follow my HOWTO to ensure that you have all the required packages installed. I know it works, and I've had several members report it works for them as well.

Comment

Yeah... I found the lib in a deb container online the other night. Installed and works flawlessly.

Comment

Its there in the hardy medibuntu repositry.

Comment

Re: [Solved] no libdvdcss in hardy?

Snowhog, Thank you. when i woke up i tried your howto and it worked. Well, I had to tweak the location of playback in Kaffine to /media/cdrom from /dev/dvd but now it plays.

I was frustrated that those packages were not installed by default in the upgrade. If I had tome to write code I would contribute to the update routine in adept and have it add the equivalent repository's to the new system. eg. medibuntu and then make a list of all the pacages that i have installed and then put them in the new system.

Ted

Comment

Re: [Solved] no libdvdcss in hardy?

You're welcome.

Comment

Working...
                X