This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Adept Manager problem

I am installing Sun Java in my Adept manager, it's stuck, it has been for quite a while now. This happened before and I canceled the installation and couldn't get back into Adept Manager again after that. Lol, what should I do!?
    No pride here, I just need HELP!!!

Re: New Adept Manager problem

When you install java you have to click on the "details" button and agree to the license agreement.. .why this isnt' a popup I don't know....

Kev

Comment

Problem is I can't get to the part where the button would be. I click on details and it brings up a piece of the agreement, I've tried highlighting it and scrolling down, nothing works. Any thing else you can thing of? I really appreciate the help!
      No pride here, I just need HELP!!!

Comment

As I recall, I just installed via dpkg or apt -- on the command line. I never could get it to work right via adept.
        The next brick house on the left
        Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.27.11​| Kubuntu 24.04 | 6.8.0-31-generic

Comment

Originally posted by grouchyhermit
          Problem is I can't get to the part where the button would be. I click on details and it brings up a piece of the agreement, I've tried highlighting it and scrolling down, nothing works. Any thing else you can thing of? I really appreciate the help!
          Tab and Enter worked for me.

Comment

Originally posted by kjjjjshab
            Tab and Enter worked for me.
            Yup. Think 'old' DOS 'windows' where your mouse doesn't work. Got to use the keyboard.
            Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
            "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Great solution. Did that come from trial and error, or from some "Help" facility in KDE? Just curious and wanting to learn!!
              Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.27.11​| Kubuntu 24.04 | 6.8.0-31-generic

Comment

Experience. In the transitional days of DOS to Windoze, when graphical interfaces to DOS were developed, the mouse often wasn't usable in those displayed windows - you had to navigate using the Alt+ menu item 'letter' to activate the menu bar and subsequent submenu items.

The general 'rule of thumb' here, is that if you can't seem to get the mouse to do what you think it should do, (it still functions - you can move it, but clicking on things doesn't "work") then use the Tab key to 'navigate' within the displayed window.
                Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
                "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Yeah, I remember doing that also. I guess I don't remember the specific problem I had. IIRC, the Java license is structured such that the "Accept" button doesn't show until you scroll to the bottom of the license display screen and there was no way to scroll down far enough. Anyway, the alternative worked and we all lived happily ever after . Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
                  X