This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Package Availability in Adept

Less than 5 minutes ago I had an option to install about 25,000 packages in Adept. That number for some reason has dropped down to about 1000. Can anybody tell me why this is?

Also, the package repositories in general having been acting up as I have been getting numerous dependency errors, and Adept is hanging 'Waiting for Headers'. Is anybody else having the same issues?

I'm running fresh Hardy install.
    Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals ... except the weasel.

Re: Package Availability in Adept

Well now the list is back up to about 25000 after apt-get update.
    Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals ... except the weasel.

Comment

I'm astounded about the number of updates...
      Which version of Kubuntu do you use, and which repositories are you using. I had around 20+ updates
      since I updated to Kubuntu HH. Its just weird to have that amount of updates...
      I'm magnet for errors, problems and bugs...

Comment

25000 isn't the number of updates, it's the number of available packages.

Really everything was fine until I noticed that OpenOffice Math isn't installed with Hardy... which is unfortunate for me because I really need it. And you can't install it separately.

Now I've been trying to install the OpenOffice.org package and have encountered numerous headaches in the process, including those mentioned in the original post.

Comment

I would guess that you are loosing network connections. I had this happen the other day, and couldn't figure out where some packages were that I KNEW were in apt...
          mm0
          Dell Inspiron 1720 Laptop<br />Intel T9300 Core2Duo Processor @ 2.5Ghz<br />4 GB Ram | 1920 X 1200 Resolution<br />2 X 160 GB SATA HD Internal<br />Nvidia GeForce 8600M Graphics Adapter<br />Using Kubuntu 9.10

Comment

Working...
          X