Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

/usr/share/apps/d3lphin/servicemenus/amarok_addaspodcast.desktop - error ...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

/usr/share/apps/d3lphin/servicemenus/amarok_addaspodcast.desktop - error ...

Hi.

I am getting a frequent Dolphin error.

The error reads:-
    ---------------------------------
    Error - Dolphin

/usr/share/apps/d3lphin/servicemenus/amarok_addaspodcast.desktop

has an invalid menu entry

addAsPodcast
    ---------------------------------

Screenshot attached

- I am running Kubuntu 8.04 amd64 version - its a brand new install
    Attached Files

Re: /usr/share/apps/d3lphin/servicemenus/amarok_addaspodcast.desktop - error ...

I'm having the same error. Can't yet say where it comes from, unfortunately
    Hi! I am a forum signature virus. I already infected this signature. Please copy/paste me to your signature to help me spread!

Comment

Re: /usr/share/apps/d3lphin/servicemenus/amarok_addaspodcast.desktop - error ...

I get the same error using Hardy 32-bit AND Hardy 64-bit on 3 machines: all using ATI videocards PLUS the proprietary linux drivers. I just tested one 32-bit install without the ATI drivers and the error is still present.
      The error also was present on a fourth machine using an Nvidia Geforce2 videocard.

I have two more problems with Hardy, one serious and one curious. With the ATI drivers all of them freeze up when I click on Logout, Restart or Shutdown. Using command line sudo reboot or shutdown works normally. This is not a problem with the Nvidia machine or the ATI machines without the proprietary drivers.
      Also, the Number Lock on startup works, but in reverse: when the keyboard NumLock is activated (light is on) the NumLock is actually off. When I deactivate the keyboard NumLock light, NumLock is on. The NumLock problem is not present on the Nvidia videocard machine.

The Advanced Desktop Effects work well on all installs (the Geforce 2 struggles a little bit), the 64-bit Hardy seems noticeably more responsive on my AMD 4400 dual Core + ATI HD3850 videocard. The other ATI-AMD combinations work well with the 32-Bit software (Athlon 2500 oc'd to 3200 + Radeon 9800 pro, and Athlon 2100 + Radeon 9600.) The Intel Pentium 1600 + Geforce2 is not as powerful as the others, but does NOT have the Logout-Restart-Shutdown problem.

The Logout-Restart-Shutdown is a major problem since I can't upgrade my friends' computers without a fix for it.

Comment

The error occurs when there is an xml file in the directory. Specifically for me being a Java developer, it doesn't like any of my xml config files. So I just removed (or rename if you like) the amarok desktop file.

Comment

I was getting it as well, so I just deleted the files it was complaining about. not ideal, but it works.

Comment

this seems to be a well known bug...
            see:
            https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...in/+bug/199393
            https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...in/+bug/204741

there are also some solutions described to this problem.

After knowing that more people have this problem I just left it and I am hoping for a solution coming via a normal update procedure...

but also it does not annoy me very much

Comment

Working...
            X