X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Knotes and the Panel

I have the following applications 'running' and their icons on the Panel:
    Kmix, Knotes, Klipper, KNetworkManager, Power Manager, KOrganizer Daemon, KWallet

Quite often, when I boot into HH and the desktop loads, Knotes is missing from the Panel. Ctrl+Alt+BkSp and logging back in causes Knotes to show up on the Panel. This is the only application the goes missing. Any idea what causes this? And more specifically, is there a configuration file that I can check, or a setting I can force, that will prevent this from occurring?
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Re: Knotes and the Panel

What you could do is not rely on sessions and instead put a startup script into $HOME/.kde/Autostart.
    Everything you put in there gets executed when kde starts. You can drag and drop entries from the kde menu there. Myself I prefer 1 script there:

#!/bin/bash
    /usr/bin/konsole &
    /usr/bin/amor &
    /usr/bin/opera -notrayicon &
    /usr/bin/krusader &
    ~/cat2/bin/cat2 &
    ~/cal/bin/cal check
    /usr/bin/fusion-icon
    Greetings from Groningen Netherlands

Comment

Re: Knotes and the Panel

Appreciate the suggestion, but it doesn't answer (for me) what the underlying cause is. That's what I'd like to know, and with that knowledge, how to fix it so it doesn't continue happening. KNotes is the only application that 'disappears' from the panel. Interestingly enough, I can use the keyboard shortcuts to bring up the notes I've created!
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
      X