This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KDE 4 and DVD's

I tried to watch some DVD's but when I try to watch them in Dragon Player, the movie comes to the part when it should start but then Dragon player just crashes. In Kaffeine I get that I have to install LibDVDCSS
    but this package is nowhere to be found. Where can I get this or how do I get my DVD's to play?
    I'm magnet for errors, problems and bugs...

Re: KDE 4 and DVD's

Do you have ubuntu-restricted-extras installed? There is kubuntu-restricted extras these meta packages install all the codecs & goodies to play DVD's mp3's etc.

Cary
    The Ubuntu Counter Project - user number # 7859, registered Linux user 470405 Lenovo T510 Kubuntu Trusty 64bit, Intel Core i5-560M, 8 GB PC3-DDR3 SDRAM - 1067 MHz, NVIDIA NVS 3100m PCI Express, Wireless Centrino N 6300 My website http://www.qah.org.au

Comment

You may also want to look at the Medibuntu site. They have things there that make it really nice.

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Medibuntu

Comment

Originally posted by MoonRise
        You may also want to look at the Medibuntu site. They have things there that make it really nice.

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Medibuntu
        I installed medibuntu and VLC (in hope that it will run), but it still doesn't play movies.
        In kaffein and dragon I get on DVD through menus and commercials, but when the movie should start
        both of them just stops playing and exits program. Is this maybe because of copy protection?

Comment

Originally posted by Primoz

I installed medibuntu and VLC (in hope that it will run), but it still doesn't play movies.
          In kaffein and dragon I get on DVD through menus and commercials, but when the movie should start
          both of them just stops playing and exits program. Is this maybe because of copy protection?
          Ah! I used to have the same problem. I searched for DVD in Synaptic and installed something that allowed me to play protected DVDs. I think your problem is that the movie is protected. There is a solution in the repos.. sorry I can't remember what it is and I'm at work right now.

Kev

Comment

Is this it? I have it installed and play encrypted DVDs fine.

Code:
            libdvdcss2

Comment

Originally posted by MoonRise
              Is this it? I have it installed and play encrypted DVDs fine.

Code:
              libdvdcss2
              Yes that was a problem, now it works fine; thanks!

Comment

Yea!!!

Glad that helped!

Cheers

Comment

|I cannot get Kaffeine to work, VLC works perfectly well, I have installed Medibuntu but no joy

Comment

Working...
                  X