This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

weird make problem with Qt4

I upgraded yesterday and all went more or less (changes to /etc/hosts?? bad call) Ok, but now I can't build Qt4 using the installed version of 'make'

When make is run it gives the following error:

Code:
    make: unrecognized option `--build-native'

which claims I'm using /usr/bin/make and a quick bit of grep'ing can't find any reference to build-native in any of the Makefiles etc.

Does anyone else have this problem or know how to go about fixing it? Some googling around hasn't helped at all either.

thanks
    Nathan

Re: weird make problem with Qt4

I vaguely remember something about having to do sudo apt-get install g++, but I can't remember exactly. You could give it a try.
    Greetings from Groningen Netherlands

Comment

Thanks for the reply Jean

I have the full development environment installed and have been building Qt4 and other stuff including my own code from source for quite some time. Its only since the upgrade that suddenly, with all else apparently unchanged, that I now get this error.

cheers
      N

Comment

Can't help you then. I had to instal hardy from scratch, had to recompile qt, I also like to write my own stuff for things. But here I got it working after some tries. Succes and if you find the cullprit, please let us know.
        Greetings from Groningen Netherlands

Comment

found the problem.... I have icecc set up and it was a flag added by that, so probably a pretty rare occurrence. Cheers for your input Jean

N

Comment

Working...
          X