This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Removal of a file on the desktop? KDE4

Seems a shame that something that was always easy is no longer intuitive.
    I tried dragging a file to the trash - nothing happened.
    I tried left clicking on the file but it only allowed me to remove the icon. When I opened the konsole and cd Desktop, I found that the file was still there. Is there an easy way to do this?

Re: Removal of a file on the desktop? KDE4

The concept of the desktop was refashioned in KDE4. It no longer functions like a "Directory". AFAIK.

Comment

I know what your going thro, i had the exact same experiences ( see my posts ). But once you get used to the new Desktop is not a directory its not all that bad. I have started to use widgets, somthing i never saw the use of before, i have a widget link for trash and ./home,dictionary, and battery icon. If there was better widget support the ones out of the box are just not enough ( ie no RSS feed, weather,etc.. ) But that should be fixed when dashboard widgets are coming ( kde 4.1 i think ).
      So to sum up KDE4 is new different but could be the start of somthing quite good, my wish list for widgets,
      Weather ( ala wii weather globe ), BBC news feed, Some sort of dolphin file manager updater type thing, and a system status.
      If your interested in playing, have a look for plasmoids in KDElook.org or get extragear plasma in adept. Have fun!
      Thanks:<br />Using a Toshiba A300-21H ,3GB ram,Intel Core2Duo 2Ghz,Mobile Intel® GMA 4500MHD,intel wifi link 5100. Tux wants you!

Comment

Yep. I also created an alternate "storage" area that I use as my "Desktop" download area and overall general dump area. I've also gotten quite use to the new KMenu.

Comment

Working...
        X