This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOST FIREFOX ICON

Since upgrading to 8.04, I've lost the Firefox desktop icon - it's changed into a KDE "cog". Any idea how I change it back to the Firefox icon?

Ta

Kevin

Re: LOST FIREFOX ICON

Does it still appear correctly in the K Menu? If so, just drag-and-drop that to your desktop.
    Or you can right-click the icon, then click the image of the icon in the properties dialog. It may appear under 'other icons', or you may have to find the file on the disc (look in /usr/share/firefox/icons or elsewhere in /usr/share).
    I am running Ubuntu 8.10 (yes Gnome) with upgrades applied daily about 0900 UK time. Hardware is Dell Precision 420, 2x 800 MHz PIII, 512 MB RDRAM, nVidia GeForce 6800 128 MB AGP graphics, 18GB SCSI and 500GB IDE HDDs, DVD burner, Hauppage TV card.

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

No - Firefox appears in "Lost & Found" in the K Menu, with no icon associated with it.

I've found Firefox icons (2 x .png and 2 x .xpm) of different sizes in /usr/lib/firefox-3.0b5/icons. So I have icons, I just don't know how to associate them with Firefox on the desktop or in the K Menu.

Comment

The second procedure I described should work for the desktop icon. To fix the menu, right click the K icon and choose Menu Editor, then find the entry for firefox, move it if you like, and the click the image of the icon itself.
        I am running Ubuntu 8.10 (yes Gnome) with upgrades applied daily about 0900 UK time. Hardware is Dell Precision 420, 2x 800 MHz PIII, 512 MB RDRAM, nVidia GeForce 6800 128 MB AGP graphics, 18GB SCSI and 500GB IDE HDDs, DVD burner, Hauppage TV card.

Comment

if you're using a kde icon theme different from the regular (crystal) icon theme that doesn't include a firefox icon, then it will have a blank icon. (a cog).
          i'm using the oxygen (kde4) icon theme in kde3 & it doesn't include a firefox icon, so i have a cog too, but only cuz i haven't gotten around to specifying a different icon yet.
          <br />

Comment

SOLVED: LOST FIREFOX ICON

Thanks folks.

Cantab - your second procedure worked.

Comment

Working...
            X