This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

8.04-64 released too soon!

Why in the world does the Kubuntu 8.04-64 crew release a distro without repositories for codecs, when Ubuntu 8.04, Mepis, Mint and PClinuxos to name a few, do it without problems? Question: Is there an easy way to install libdvdcss & win32codecs for Kubuntu 8.04-64? If not, how about the URL for a repository that has them?

Jesse (w6kkt)

Re: 8.04-64 released too soon!

medibuntu.org has all the stuff you are asking for.

Follow the steps in the "Repository How To"

Worked great for me. Install the win64codecs with x64 system.

Comment

I have tried several times to install codecs from medibuntu, without success. Downloading the "key" seems to be a problem with my system.

Thanks for the reply,

Jesse (w6kkt)

Comment

Jesse, you just paste the key into your Konsole and hit "Enter" -- if that's not working, post the error message and maybe wie can help you with it.

Comment

HOWTO: Add the Medibuntu Repository and PGP Key
          Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
          "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Theres an easier way, got to the mplayer website, download the codec pack and put them into a folder(forgot which one). Im not sure if kaffeine picks them up( i don't use it anymore) but i can guarantee mplayer and smplayer will pick it up straightaway. Its been working for me flawlessly ever since i upgraded to x64.

Surprisingly its only about 5 files compared to the 30-something in the x86 pack. Dont know why though...
            Kubuntu Gutsy Gibbon - Registered Linux User--> # 15709

Comment

Working...
            X