Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KDE4 - taskbar shortcuts?! changing order of items?!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KDE4 - taskbar shortcuts?! changing order of items?!

I am either stupid or KDE 4.0 lacks key features that KDE 3.5 had, such as adding application (e.g. konsole) shortcuts to the taskbar or changing the order of items shown on the taskbar (e.g. my app menu button is now on the very right corner but I want to move it to the very left)! What is going on here?! Help is appreciated.

Re: KDE4 - taskbar shortcuts?! changing order of items?!

I agree with you
    KDE4 seem too simple

Comment

It's not implemented yet. It will be in KDE 4.1 or maybe in 4.0.4.
      AMD Sempron 2800 | 1 GB | Geforce 4 Ti 4200 | Kubuntu 8.04

Comment

Originally posted by azenz
        I am either stupid or KDE 4.0 lacks key features that KDE 3.5 had, such as adding application (e.g. konsole) shortcuts to the taskbar or changing the order of items shown on the taskbar (e.g. my app menu button is now on the very right corner but I want to move it to the very left)! What is going on here?! Help is appreciated.
        yes, key features have not been implemented yet. someone hasn't been reading a thing about kde4.....
        <br />

Comment

I have firefox, kontact, konsole and adept on the taskbar. Click kmenu, go to the application, right click and add to panel. May need a reboot to work. I'm also stumped on how to change the order of items on the panel.

Comment

I messed with them once...

Then the way i found to order them again was to remove them all and add them in order from the beginning. (Add the K menu, then the Task Manager, Pager, System Tray, Digital clock) or something like that.
            As our circle of knowledge expands, so does the circumference of darkness surrounding it.<br />- Albert Einstein

Comment

I gave up and re-installed with KDE 3.5.9!

Comment

Working...
              X