This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reset Xorg?

I think some of the screen resolution problems I am having is as a result of xorg.config somehow getting messed up (I remember going through problems with it in the setup for Hardy). Is there a way to reset it to default values, or does anyone have a copy of one that would be suitable for a laptop?

Re: Reset Xorg?

If you believe, or want, to reconfigure xorg, you can open a console and type:
    Code:
    sudo dpkg-reconfigure -phigh xserver-xorg
    You should make a backup of the file before you begin:
    Code:
    sudo cp /etc/X11/xorg.conf /etc/X11/xorg.conf_BAK
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I would boot into recovery kernel & select fix X at the repair dialog box, that will should give you optimum settings.

Cary

BTW this assumes you are using Hardy
      The Ubuntu Counter Project - user number # 7859, registered Linux user 470405 Lenovo T510 Kubuntu Trusty 64bit, Intel Core i5-560M, 8 GB PC3-DDR3 SDRAM - 1067 MHz, NVIDIA NVS 3100m PCI Express, Wireless Centrino N 6300 My website http://www.qah.org.au

Comment

Yeah, that still didn't work. I am still having problems with at the "Welcome" screen after logging in, the animated icons have white boxes around them with the welcome screen background there, then it blanks out, loads the icons with the background in a box around them, but a white background, then blanks to black, then loads the desktop (minus kicker, which is another issue).

Comment

Working...
        X