This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disk space being filled??

Does anyone have any idea why Samba would be filling up my disk on two seperate machines, both running Hardy I've traced it back to /var/logs/samba/core weighing in at 65 Gig plus on one and 89 Gig on the other. I have just recently been having issues with seeing shares on the network, within the last week. My best guess is there is a log being generated continuously by Samba, but the /core directory is locked! Any ideas or help would be appreciated!!

Thanks,
    beowulf62

Re: Disk space being filled??

You need to see the logs, so personally I would do something to make that possible:
    I think you have at least 2 ways to go:

1. You could stop the SMB services for a while and see if that unlocks the partitions.
    2. You could start the system with a live linux system on CD/DVD or you could use a rescue disk. Then have a look at the partition, while it is not (actively) being used.

It is also possible, that you can only look at the disk as root, because the disk has crossed some "remaining-space"-boundary.

Hope that helps.

Guus.
    -- <br />A.J. Bonnema, Leiden The Netherlands,<br />user #328198 (Linux Counter http://counter.li.org)

Comment

Working...
    X