This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zip/archive manager and other questions from GNOME convert

Hi, with hardy heron i just switched from Ubuntu to Kubuntu KDE4, i absolutely loved everything, i just have a few questions,
    1.- is there any better (graphical) archive manager than ark? as far as i saw it doesn't support passwords, and it doesn't support adding full folders to an archive, and this two features are essential to me, can i use the file manager i used in Ubuntu? if so, how do i install it and make it default?, or is there any better that ark?

2.- How can i edit the Kmenu?

3.- How do i add a Show desktop button?

4.- In ubuntu, in aMSN the taskbar button used to flash when i received a new message, and here it doesn't, is there a way to make that work?

and that's all, i consider myself computer savvy and im not afraid to use the terminal, i'm only new to KDE, not to linux, but for something as trivial as zipping, a gui works much better, at least for me. Thanks in advance!

Re: Zip/archive manager and other questions from GNOME convert

EDIT: I just noticed that you said KDE4. I'm not sure if that will work for KDE4. Some of it might, but I can't be sure.

I can answer 2 and 3.

2. To edit the kmenu, simply right click on the K and select edit menu.

3. To add a show desktop button, right click on the taskbar (kicker), and select "Add Applet to Panel", from that menu, there should be a "Show Desktop" applet.

Comment

Working...
    X