Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Modifying the KMenu (or whatever it's new name is) in 8.04 / KDE4 - MAYBE SOLVED

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Modifying the KMenu (or whatever it's new name is) in 8.04 / KDE4 - MAYBE SOLVED

Ok, call me blind or ignorant . . . . but, if there's any way to modify the KMenu (or whatever one calls it) in KDE4, I can't find it. Did a clean install on an IBM Thinkpad T43 yesterday, and most stuff works great, but I dropped KMail from the menu somehow, and while a can start it other ways, it would be nice to restore it's place on the menu, and I can't figure out how.

Help?

OK - it appears that Kmenuedit still works in KDE4, though it's not a part of the default install ()

Re: Modifying the KMenu (or whatever it's new name is) in 8.04 / KDE4 - MAYBE SOLVED

I agree. The kmenuedit function still works, but......
    In the manual of kmenuedit the screenprints still show the possible addition of a keyboard shortcut, when you add a new item.

The real application though, as implemented in KDE4, has no such thing.......
    You wouldn't know how to add a keyboard shortcut to a menu item, would you?
    -- <br />A.J. Bonnema, Leiden The Netherlands,<br />user #328198 (Linux Counter http://counter.li.org)

Comment

Re: Modifying the KMenu (or whatever it's new name is) in 8.04 / KDE4 - MAYBE SO

Another Tip, Don't try to edit the tool bar at bottom of Desktop,
      It is messed up badly , you can't add or move icons.
      If you add, remove Widgets , do it on Desktop only.
      And, Stay tuned for KDE-4.01 .

Comment

Re: Modifying the KMenu (or whatever it's new name is) in 8.04 / KDE4 - MAYBE SOLVED

FORGET KDE 4. The configurability is terrible. Seriously, I gave up on it and installed Kubuntu with KDE 3.5.9, wasting a good 5 hours. Wait for a seriously upgraded version!

Comment

Working...
        X