This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kubuntu - KDM Themes problem.

Well, after a while of trying a variety of things, I managed to get here and thought I would ask...

I had everything working correctly until I modified the text on the Login Manager, from that time on, when the system boots up, KDM starts, but the login does not hold the KDM Theme applied.
    I can select them, though, they won't ever appear... I've tried setting Login Manager to default values, and so I did with the KDM Themes (set them to default) but it didn't work... So, any idea on how to make them work again without dpkg-reconfigure kdm themes? If there's no way, guide me through the process, will try to make it..

Hardy - With KDE 3.5.9 and QT 3.3.8b

Re: Kubuntu - KDM Themes problem.

I am having the same problem. I downloaded KDM theme manager and applied a theme but when i log off the screen just goes black and I have to completely shut down and then when i start it up again it goes to like a defaut theme, not the one i applied. Ideas? For the both of us...

Jeff

Comment

Apparently KDM Theme Manager is broken in Gutsy, and so to install themes it is necessary to hand edit /etc/kde3/kdm/kdmrc. For more on this subject, see:

http://www.kde-apps.org/content/show...ID=ca03e058b90

Comment

Originally posted by Robin T Cox
        Apparently KDM Theme Manager is broken in Gutsy, and so to install themes it is necessary to hand edit /etc/kde3/kdm/kdmrc. For more on this subject, see:

http://www.kde-apps.org/content/show...ID=ca03e058b90
        Well, aparently my problem can also be fixed by editting manually the Theme= row in /usr/kde/3.5/share/config/kdm/kdmrc like this:
        Theme=/usr/share/apps/kdm/themes/true-nature
        UseTheme=true

Gonna try now, and report later.

EDIT: Tried it, didn't work, still on the search for some answer...

Comment

Working...
        X