This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weird updating problem

Turned on my machine today, saw there were a number of updates, total of 135mb. Went ahead repairing some machines in the workshop and came back. Updates were finished yet 3 packages left back. Rebooted, adept notifier says there are 3 updates (same 3 left back), runs, downloads nothing as they're already downloaded, but doesn't mark it for install. Should I mark it or just leave it be? Packages in question are: as attached.
    Attached Files
    Challenges are what that keeps us from the borderline of boredom in life's journey. Linux user #419401

Re: Weird updating problem

That happens occasionally; to the best of my understanding, it happens when packages have been uploaded to the repos, but are awaiting either approval or the rest of their dependent packages to be uploaded. You should be able to install them tomorrow (probably).
    Asus G1S-X3:
    Intel Core2 Duo T7500, Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT, 4Gb PC2-5300, 320Gb Hitachi 7k320, Linux ( )

Comment

Thanks integr8e for the answer. I'll just have to ignore the notifier icon there then.
      Challenges are what that keeps us from the borderline of boredom in life's journey. Linux user #419401

Comment

At least it doesn't want to remove kubuntu-desktop amongst other things

Attached Files
        HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
        4 GB Ram
        Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

But it has removed kde3 konquorer > I dislike dolphin!

Cary
          The Ubuntu Counter Project - user number # 7859, registered Linux user 470405 Lenovo T510 Kubuntu Trusty 64bit, Intel Core i5-560M, 8 GB PC3-DDR3 SDRAM - 1067 MHz, NVIDIA NVS 3100m PCI Express, Wireless Centrino N 6300 My website http://www.qah.org.au

Comment

That's what I noticed too, however, I have kde4 installed that I occassionally log into. Good thing about that is I still have konqueror 4 then to use.

Comment

Working...
            X