X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

does anyone know if -

Hi

Does anyone know if - the wine app is installed on the new Kbuntu? And if it is - does it work?

Re: does anyone know if -

Wine is not installed by default -- it is a package that you must install -- it is in the standard repo so you can just use Adept Manager and mark it for installation.

The last time I used it was about a year ago, and it worked for many Windows apps, but not the one I needed it for.

That's everything I know about wine.

Comment

Originally posted by dibl
      That's everything I know about wine.
      Yes, but do you prefer your wine to be a hearty red, a dry white, or maybe a sweet desert?
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

heh heh heh -- a 5-year old Cabernet Sauvignon, aged in oak, and served alongside a rare filet mignon is also a nice wine.

And also doesn't come with Kubuntu by default.

Comment

Originally posted by dibl
          And also doesn't come with Kubuntu by default.
          So, you have to add a 'third party' repository to get these 'other wines'? Hmm. Have to look into that.
          Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
          "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Wine is broken at present in Hardy, it has had a bug reported against it!

Cary
            The Ubuntu Counter Project - user number # 7859, registered Linux user 470405 Lenovo T510 Kubuntu Trusty 64bit, Intel Core i5-560M, 8 GB PC3-DDR3 SDRAM - 1067 MHz, NVIDIA NVS 3100m PCI Express, Wireless Centrino N 6300 My website http://www.qah.org.au

Comment

Working...
            X