This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Probably a silly question

I'm runny Hardy 8.04, somehow my 6 year old son has managed to slide my clock, my pidgin icon and all that good stuff clear to the left. Now what ever programs I'm running don't show up down there and I have to use the alt tab to switch between aps. Any idea how I fix this? Also is there a way to prevent this from happening? Thanks!!
    No pride here, I just need HELP!!!

Re: Probably a silly question

You probably last your taskbar, as well as your Kmenu, and quickstart applet, from your descripttion it seems you only have your clock and your system tray (where pidgin, etc, puts its icons)

To get these back, you need to right-click somewhere on your bottom panel, select "add Applet to Panel", and from there you can add Taskbar, KMenu, Quicklauncher, and a few other tidbits you may like to check out. You can move these on the panel if you hover your mouse off to the left of each of these to reveal a grab-bar, and then you can click to drag them where you want.

Comment

********************, that's a way to prevent.

well that was just stupid -claydoh

Comment

Obviously you have never had a cat walk across your keyboard, or had a falling cup or other item hit it just right to create havoc

Comment

Is this for kde4 or 3? I can't figure out how to move items on the kde4 taskbar... I like to keep the clock to the lower right but if something happens, like the taskmanager gets deleted, when I put it back, everything gets shoved to the left, including the tray.

Comment

I had this happen to me once. The easiest way I found to get the panel back the way I wanted it was to right click on the panel and select "add widgets". Then, delete everything and re-add the items I wanted from left to right.

Good luck.

Comment

Working...
            X