X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not able to view mutiple desktops

i entered "Configure desktop" --> "Multiple desktops"

I changed to 5 or more desktop and given "Apply" -->"OK"

but in the panel down it is showing only 2 windows as default..not changing..

Wat shud i do to get multiple desktop..

pls reply me

this happens for me if i enable desktop effects..

Re: Not able to view mutiple desktops

I have the same problem, although I noticed that even though I changed the number of desktops in the settings, click apply and then close it, it will still be set to just one desktop when opened again. The settings before has been revoked. I have no idea what is going on. Someone?

Comment

If you are using compiz, which is default in hardy so you probably are, you can 'sudo apt-get install kicker-compiz'. This is a pager for compiz, not bugfree but better than the default. After you get it you install it with right click on the kicker (taskbar) and choose 'add to panel'. The buttons are default quite huge, you can change that by right click , pager options, and setting row to some other value.
      Hope this helps.
      Greetings from Groningen Netherlands

Comment

Hi,

I had this problem too. It's because compiz sets desktop limits itself, and i guess you can't change them by the default way when compiz is activated, only by the compiz way.

I did this; go to a terminal and type

Code:
        ccsm
        If you dont have this, insall package compizconfig-settings-manager.

Click General Options; Click on the tab Desktop Size. The first bar denotes how many desktops you will have.

That's it, have fun
        As our circle of knowledge expands, so does the circumference of darkness surrounding it.<br />- Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
        X