X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Security and Konquerer?

Hi all,

So far I'm a happy user of Hardy with KDE 3.5. By default, which is custom for KDE, Konquerer is set as the internet browser. Coming from Ubuntu where Firefox is the default browser, I am still getting used to how things work with Konquerer as opposed to Firefox.

As the title says, my main concern lies with security. For Firefox one can get all kinds of plugins to elevate security while browsing the web. This thread on the Ubuntu forums gives you a good idea of what one can do to make Firefox more secure just by adding plugins: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=671604.

Now aside from the fact that Konquerer is supposed to be compatible with at least some of those plugins (didn't manage to figure out how though) I'd like to know from those of you that are more familiar with KDE if Konquerer is a "secure" browser.

I personally would like to keep using Konquerer as my main browser, but I also like to make sure it's nice and tightly secure. Does anyone know if there are specific plugins for Konquerer and where one can get those?

Any help and tips would be highly appreciated.

Marc
Working...
X