This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to find plugin for Firefox 3

I want to know where to get Flash player and Java plugin for FF 3, the one for FF 2 does not install, for java there are many versions, I used version 6 (Sun) on FF 2 and it worked fine, but for FF 3 I tried many versions but none works, it seems that plugins for FF 3 is very limited at the moment.
    Do you Yahoo ? No I hiccup only :P

Re: Where to find plugin for Firefox 3

Search the for the non-free flash plugin in adept. Works fine here even using x86_64. Installed Java 6 and no problems here.
    Challenges are what that keeps us from the borderline of boredom in life's journey. Linux user #419401

Comment

I need to many 3rd party plugins to use FF3 it is a pain converting back. I have FF3 on my testing environment but on my live system I reverted back. When you go to firefox addons the plugins and extensions are dark green if they work on FF3 when browsing in FF3. Otherwise the install n ow link will be white and not allow you to download it.
      Kubuntu 8.04 Beta Dual boot with Microjunk XP<br />HP DV6225us Laptop AMD64x2 3gig ram, Sprint Wifi, nvidia card, 120 sata. 10 partitions 2 environments of Kubuntu and one windows.<br /><br />We can always prove that we are right but is God convinced of it?

Comment

I am not using FF* and won't until beta1000 or release.

I wish Kubuntu hadn't done this to us.

I installed swiftweasel after my experiences with FF3:
        http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3091481.0

to install swiftweasel:
        http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3092805.0

I hope this helps

HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
        4 GB Ram
        Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

Darn it, I spoke too fast. Or maybe I dreamt it was working. I can't get it working in my default browser, Opera. Before, it was simple as copying two files 'libflashplayer.so' and 'flashplayer.xpt' to the /usr/lib/opera/plugins folder. Now, I only see two files when I extract the tar file for flash. Any ideas?

--------
          Weird, it works though in Firefox . I do prefer Opera everyday for my daily browsing.
          Challenges are what that keeps us from the borderline of boredom in life's journey. Linux user #419401

Comment

Working...
          X