This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Theme Manager for Desktop Effects

I'm happily enjoying Hardy Heron although it made me pull out a few hairs in trying to do a distupgrade that failed due to a known bug. Did a fresh install and I'm happy. Need to find out a few things though. Under Gutsy Gibbons and earlier versions, I had to install emerald theme manager to get some nice window themes to compliment compiz-fusion. Is that still the case with hardy? I really don't like my current theme (default).
    Challenges are what that keeps us from the borderline of boredom in life's journey. Linux user #419401

Re: Theme Manager for Desktop Effects

Yes, that is still the case. And, there is a minor issue with it -- at least there is on my system. Prior to HH it was always possible to stop the X server, or shutdown the system with compiz and emerald running, and it would automatically start them both when I logged in again. But, now Emerald does not auto-start. It is necessary to run
    Code:
    emerald --replace
    in the console window every time I start the X server, even though compiz begins automatically.

Comment

Re: Theme Manager for Desktop Effects

Thanks dibl for that info. It's greatly appreciated.
      Challenges are what that keeps us from the borderline of boredom in life's journey. Linux user #419401

Comment

Working...
      X