• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Firefox 3 starts in offline mode

Why FF keep starting in offline mode ??
    Do you Yahoo ? No I hiccup only :P

Re: Firefox 3 starts in offline mode

I think maybe your computer is not connected? Mine always starts directly connected to 6 sites. Did you shut it down with a connection?

Comment

Even if I start without network FF should not be in offline mode, I never had a version of FF will do this, and even the network is connected FF always start in offline mode that's the problem.

Comment

I can 2nd that error 100% of my logons I get offline mode when I'm on wireless or on LAN. It is really annoying. It is documented on the Ubuntu forum in the Hardy posts but there is no fi that I can find yet

Cary
        The Ubuntu Counter Project - user number # 7859, registered Linux user 470405 Lenovo T510 Kubuntu Trusty 64bit, Intel Core i5-560M, 8 GB PC3-DDR3 SDRAM - 1067 MHz, NVIDIA NVS 3100m PCI Express, Wireless Centrino N 6300 My website http://www.qah.org.au

Comment

I find this problem does not exist on Xubuntu, so it is not FF to blame.

Comment

Originally posted by caryb

It is documented on the Ubuntu forum in the Hardy posts but there is no fi that I can find yet
            Odd! Is there any theory of why it only affects some systems, and not others?

Comment

I always have problem download the image, the disc check always show file corruption, even there is none I still have error during installation, this mostly happen on K/Ubuntu distro, it is very hard for me to get a complete error free download and installation, but I don't have problem with Xubuntu.

Comment

Originally posted by lotech

I always have problem download the image, the disc check always show file corruption, even there is none
                That's not good. Is that a Windows system that you're using to download, or a Linux?

I think there was one of the Alpha versions of Hardy that had bad md5sums listed on the download site, but normally you should be able to download an image file and have the md5sum match the one listed on the download site.

Comment

I download with Linux and burn with slowest speed, but I still have error from time to time, that's why I give Xubuntu a shot.

Comment

I would suspect that whatever the problem is, that causes the download file not to match the md5sum will not be fixed with Xubuntu, but it will be interesting to find out for sure. Good luck!

Comment

I have at least 2 problem only happen on Kubuntu, one is FF starts in offline mode, the other is Openoffice has no toolbar icons, both apps on Xubuntu works fine out of the box.

Comment

I install again from another 'prefect download' but FF still starts in offline, other app seems working fine, this is annoying bug I don't think I am alone >

Comment

I don't know if this will help but have a look here:
                          https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...er/+bug/191889

if you haven't posted a bug report yet you may want to do it.

Hope this points you in the right direction
                          HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
                          4 GB Ram
                          Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

Somehow I ended up offline in FF3 and found that clicking file>work offline took me back to normal.

Comment

Working...
                            X