This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sluggish

My PC is old a P3 866, but Hardy make it more like a 386 especially when running Openoffice, this version is the slowest I ever used
    Do you Yahoo ? No I hiccup only :P

Re: Sluggish

Any advance DT system will make a system like that slow. I have a very similar old machine and use Xubuntu on it. Runs very nicely. The only drawback I have is that it is a Laptop that is limited to only 800x600 resolution. Other than that Xubuntu runs smoothly.

Comment

I've been using Kubuntu on the same machine since version 6, this version is unacceptably slow I would say less than 30% of normal speed, there must be something wrong.

Comment

Do you have desktop effects on? That could cause so slow down.

Comment

I turn off most of the effects but the stupid bouncing cursor still no way to stop it, please see my other post, but after I disable cupsys and hotkey-setup the system returns to normal speed, the utilization dropped to almost nothing !! but I don't think this is normal, as I've them on with previous versions.

Comment

Hmmmm. Have you tried reinstalling those two components? Maybe something didn't get configured correctly. That would be my only guess. I did see your post about the Cursor. Same here, but I don't know exactly why? Is this HH KDE3.5.9 or KDE4?

Comment

Both component has no use to me, I don't have a printer or a notebook, I am now downloading update, may be some problem will be fixed then.

Comment

Let us know. It would be interesting to know.

Comment

Working...
                X