This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Openoffice 2.4 has no icon

Where are those toolbar icons, I only see text and can't be changed.
    Do you Yahoo ? No I hiccup only :P

Re: Openoffice 2.4 has no icon

If I'm understanding you correctly, right-click the KMenu and click "Edit Menu" (or the like; I'm at school right now and can't check :P ). Navigate to where OpenOffice is located in the menu, click the entry you would like to add an icon to, and click the empty square box on the top-right corner of the description side of the window. You should then be able to choose an icon for it
    Asus G1S-X3:
    Intel Core2 Duo T7500, Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT, 4Gb PC2-5300, 320Gb Hitachi 7k320, Linux ( )

Comment

Did you see any difference between the 2.3 and 2.4 of OO ? the splash screen is still 2.3 but the 'about OO' said 2.4 !! I reinstall it but still no icon only text on toolbar, can't change on tools->customize->toolbar, changes does not take effect. Also, in the Calc (for Excel) has no background color on cells on screen, but the actual print out has no problem, very weird and make it very hard to use.

Comment

Make sure your java is updated. It is a sun java product.
        Kubuntu 8.04 Beta Dual boot with Microjunk XP<br />HP DV6225us Laptop AMD64x2 3gig ram, Sprint Wifi, nvidia card, 120 sata. 10 partitions 2 environments of Kubuntu and one windows.<br /><br />We can always prove that we are right but is God convinced of it?

Comment

This is little strange, Java is installed by default I don't have problem with previous versions, thanks for the tip anyway.

Update : I installed Sun Java 6 runtime but OO still not using it, what is the standard path for the runtime I want to add it back.

Comment

All I said was to update current version not upgrade to the newest version.
            I'll have to get back to you.
            Kubuntu 8.04 Beta Dual boot with Microjunk XP<br />HP DV6225us Laptop AMD64x2 3gig ram, Sprint Wifi, nvidia card, 120 sata. 10 partitions 2 environments of Kubuntu and one windows.<br /><br />We can always prove that we are right but is God convinced of it?

Comment

This is April's fool day

Comment

I find this problem does not exist on Xubuntu, so this is not OO to blame, it works beautifully out of the box.

Comment

Try installing the openoffice.org-java-common package, open a new OOo window, click "Tools -> Options -> OpenOffice.org -> Java" and give it a minute to catch up. You should then be given a list of installed JRE's to choose from.
                  Asus G1S-X3:
                  Intel Core2 Duo T7500, Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT, 4Gb PC2-5300, 320Gb Hitachi 7k320, Linux ( )

Comment

I installed the same thing on a notebook without any problem OO worked as expected, I assume Java is installed and setup properly by default, I don't have this problem before. I remove clean OO from the problem machine, install OO back again but still no icons, strange.

Comment

I installed the release version from scratch just now but OO still gives no icon, I install Java as you said and OO found it but still no icon, I don't have this problem on all previous versions what's up > >

Comment

I'm not sure, I neither have that problem nor have I ever had it :P

Ah, I think I may have found your problem. What style are you running? Check "KMenu -> System Settings -> Appearance -> Style".
                        Asus G1S-X3:

Comment

I changed few styles but still no icons, the default style also has the same problem, I think there is something to do with the bad download, just now I installed from another download and OO has no problem, but it is strange that I always have this problem and other apps work fine.

Comment

I don't know, but I'm glad you fixed the problem.
                            Asus G1S-X3:

Comment

Working...
                            X