This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bouncing cursor

I've been using Kubuntu since verison 6, there are lot of 'improvement' over the years, the unchangeable bouncing cursor just got a new addition, it will return to bouncing automatically after I said no bounce, instead of it showing no bounce but actually bounce, if you don't know what I am talking about please check kcontrol->launch feedback and try your luck, I don't think this is KDE to blame, I tried other distro such as Mint without this problem, I am getting mad and bouncing > > >
    Do you Yahoo ? No I hiccup only :P

Re: Bouncing cursor

I don't have this problem here

try deleting your /home/<username>/.kde/share/config/klaunchrc file, and try changing your settings again

Comment

I tried once when it said this file is access denied, I then deleted it and let it create a new one, but that doesn't fix the problem, and I doubt this would help, as this file contains my settings, how come only the launch feedback falls to take effect only ?? I will try again anyway.

Comment

If access is denied, then somehow, the ownership of the file was changed, maybe by opening kcontrol/system settings with sudo, perhaps from a backed-up file, I don't know for sure.

The file only contains your launch feedback settings. You may need to do the deleting from outside of kde3 (in a console session and command line if you don't have, say gnome or KDE4 installed) often these settings are re-written to disk from ram at logout, which may explain why it doesn't change after deletion

Comment

Ok I put myself on the admin group and now the file updated properly the cursor no longer bounces, but I doubt this is the right way to do it, and how come only this setting has problem not others ??

Comment

Working...
          X