X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HPLIP Toolbox not working properly

Hi all,

I've been testing Ubuntu Hardy as well and there they are having the same problem. However I know that the HPLIP Toolbox in certain configurations requires special settings for an ordinary user to work properly (detect printer, built in scanner, etc).

Does anyone know how to get it working or are we looking at a general bug that needs to be fixed by the devs?

Mind you, my scanner of my HP PSC 750 is not even detected by kde at this point, while in Gutsy it was set up automatically without a problem. I've noticed also that in Kubuntu Gutsy the HPLIP Toolbox doesn't work either, while it does under Ubuntu Gutsy. So I'm thinking this might be a KDE specific problem?

Anyone know how to get this tool to work properly?

Marc

ps. In the past 10 years I've been using Linux off and on, the only time I had a working HPLIP Toolbox was in Ubuntu Gutsy, all other times (regardless the distro) it never worked, which can be quite frustrating.

Re: HPLIP Toolbox not working properly

When I use HPLIP as root it works fine, as user it don't, I think this is a permission problem and other wise has no affect on the use of the printer.

While functions of the printer are not working proper maybe due to not having all the needed software installed, I use Synaptic and search for HPLIP and install the software, then I search for the type of printer I have and install the software, I have found that it is rare when the OS I'm using has all the needed software installed.
    Registered Linux User #380263 - Registered Linux Computer #279395<br />Linux, working hard to save you $$$ - Get a clue, get Linux!<br />Intel Pentium D 2.80GHz, Intel Desktop Board D945GTP, Intel On Board Audio, Video and Ethernet Controller

Comment

Working...
    X