This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

knetworkmanager

After the updates of yesterday knetworkmanager don't work.
    If I go to konsole and digit knetworkmanager it just do nothing. It don't crash or give me errors, just do nothing.

Someone have the same problem ?

Re: knetworkmanager

I saw the 4.0.2 updates come in the other day but haven't tried it out yet. I guess I'll have to flip over to KDE4 and see how things are working now. I think even when Hardy is released I'l stick to dual KDE, I've got KDE3 configured to my preference and it is hard to switch when it does everything I want.

Comment

I'm having the same problem. My Knetworkmanager is now broken as well. In Kmenu Knetworkmanager is still listed as an Internet application, but when I click on it nothing happens.

Comment

I updated to 4.0.2 as well as the updates from yesterday. One of the packages that updated was kde networkmanager. Have you had any updates since 4.0.2 was released? I think I did an all at once update last night, missing some of the problems that some have experienced.

Mike
        http://monte48lowes.blogspot.com

Comment

knetworkmanager don't work yet.I don't understand why I'm the only that have this problem.
          I tried to reinstall but nothing.
          When I try a command line (knetworkmanager with sudo or without) nothing occurs (nothing error nothing configuration manager ..... ).

if someone have any ideas ........

Comment

I have had troubles with KNetworkmanager since I came to Kubuntu Dapper Drake.
            Check my post to this topic. It will tell you how I solved the problem once and for all.

In short: Nuke KNetworkmanager and use wicd instead.

Comment

Thanks for the information PJJ. I think (I hope) I'm having the same problems as everyone else. But, I'm very very new to this. I think I got rid of Knetworkmanager, but what is wicd? Is that the whole name of the app? I don't even know how to install a new app...

Comment

open adpet via:
                Kmenu>system>adept
                in the search bar at the top type wicd, when the pkg appears in the lower pane right click on it and choose install. Then click the apply changes button at the top. OUILA it is done.

Might be good idea to remove knetwork manager as well. follow the steps above using knetworkmanager as the search term and choose uninstall or remove.
                I tried Enlightenment once, it was pretty cool.

Comment

Working...
                X