This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Open issues / Desktop KDE4 Alpha 6 install on AMD64

I installed Kubuntu Hardy alpha 6 (with KDE4) on AMD64 (Phenom 9500). I have noticed the following issues
    (1) Synaptic hangs instead of closing the installs. Installs appear to work OK.
    (2) The newly installed apps require logoff/logon before they appear in Application Launcher. The same applies also for changed desktop wall papers.
    (3) Programs added to Desktop or Panel do not start (when started from Desktop/Panel). Starting from ordinary folder or terminal works OK.

pekkal

Re: Open issues / Desktop KDE4 Alpha 6 install on AMD64

1) Haven't noticed that myself. Might be an issue you want to test and maybe report.
    2) Yep..I've noticed that here as well. Hopefully they'll address that soon.
    3) The only time I've experienced this is when I have the Mouse set to "Double Click" to open programs.
    From what I've been told this will be fixed in the next KDE4 update. I hope anyway.

Hope these quick answers help.

Comment

The problem with synaptic is on-going. Others have had it too. Adept was doing the same thing but it appears to work just fine now.

Kev

Comment

Isn't Adept still the KDE3 version? I haven't seen a KDE4 one on my system. I think that is one of those "Missed the Boat" applications on the KDE4 code freeze.

Comment

(3) Yes - single click seems to be OK, Windows-style double click does not work. Thanks MoonRise for pointing this out!

Comment

Yes.. That one really irritates me because I'm a double clicker. Someone posted around here that it is fixed in a test version but hasn't been ported over yet. If they can get that fixed I'll switch at HH release. Someone also pointed out that the context menus aren't available either, which if you have the Trash Bin on your Desktop, you wouldn't be able to right click and say, "Empty Trash".

Ohhhh...the wait!!!

Comment

Working...
            X