This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monitor and display not loading

In system settings the Monitor and display module won't load on this and all of the other installs I've done. The output I get is "libpython2.5.so" not found in paths. I went to Adept_Manager and searched for libpython and nothing showed up. Any suggestions to getting that up and running would be much appreciated.

--Tom

Re: Monitor and display not loading

Nevermind, I installed a TON of python stuff and in there somewhere must have ben the missing file.

--Tom

Comment

Re: Monitor and display not loading and user management

Don't worry be happy,
      I started a thread about all this already. but gave up.
      The developer gods take no notice at all of posts, they are insulated from all that somewhere.
      I guess they'll fix it just before the final release or at least we hope so!
      Best
      El Zorro

PS here's the errors printed out again:

fragments: 8
      fragment size: 940
      Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "/var/lib/python-support/python2.5/userconfig.py", line 19, in <module>
      from qt import *
      ImportError: /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/qt.so: undefined symbol: PyUnicode _Type
      Error in sys.excepthook:
      File "/var/lib/python-support/python2.5/apport_python_hook.py", line 36, in ap port_excepthook
      from cStringIO import StringIO
      ImportError: /usr/lib/python2.5/lib-dynload/cStringIO.so: undefined symbol: _Py_ ZeroStruct

Original exception was:
      File "/var/lib/python-support/python2.5/userconfig.py", line 19, in <module>
      from qt import *
      ImportError: /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/qt.so: undefined symbol: PyUnicode _Type
      error: ***failed to import module
      It should be as simple as it can be, but not simpler than it should be---Albert Einstein

Comment

Re: Monitor and display not loading

HH is alpha!
        If the alpha and beta stages of gutsy are any indication then the system settings gui stuff will not come to be until right before the final release.

There are plenty of posts with this issue on this forum so you are not alone
        HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
        4 GB Ram
        Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

Working...
        X