Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HH what have you done to my Firefox??

yes, MTLI. but for ff3 you should install his upcoming testing version renamed "MrTech Toolkit". its an updated version for ff3 only. when you install or update an addon manually/locally or externally (from a website), MTLI/MTTK will present you with an option to override the maxversion. (this option may be off by default, i forget, so check the options & make sure it is enabled).
    also, if an addon is installed but it isn't compatible with your version of ff, you can right-click on it in the addon manager & click "Make Compatible" & it will manually override the maxversion & prompt you to restart ff for the change to to take effect.

btw, a new version of TMP was released today, you might wanna update to it & see if it fixes any of your previous issues with it. (it has worked fine for me except for the occasional checkin that busts it. {but that is the fault of the checkins, not TMP}).
    (checkins are patches that change ff, in case you don't know).
    <br />

Comment

Thank you echo, you seem to have a lot of expierience with FF

a new version of TMP was released today
      Yes, I saw that but it was only to FF 3.0a5

yes, MTLI. but for ff3 you should install his upcoming testing version renamed "MrTech Toolkit". its an updated version for ff3 only. when you install or update an addon manually/locally or externally (from a website), MTLI/MTTK will present you with an option to override the maxversion. (this option may be off by default, i forget, so check the options & make sure it is enabled).
      I installed the toolkit (latest). The only thing I can see is an option in the addon toolbar to "make compatible", which didn't work very well, I had to use my backup profile becuase it borked the addons for FF2.

I can't find anything in the toolkit settings or anywhere else to "override" maxversion.

Looks like I am the only one with this issue
      Thank you anyway for your efforts.
      HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
      4 GB Ram
      Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

yeah, i do have a lot of experience. i used mozilla before ff was released & i tested ff before it was 1.0 & tested it from 1.0-2.0 on & off. (i primarily used opera during that time). then when ff 3.0 trunk started being developed i started testing & have been since. (seems like forever).

i don't know what you mean by "it was only to FF 3.0a5". TMP supports FF 1.0-3.0b4pre.

man, i told you before. please re-read my last post, gave all the instructions there.
        <br />

Comment

Sorry don't mean to be dense but this is the latest from TMP I can get:
          https://addons.mozilla.org/de/firefox/addon/1122

which is not really the problem.

And here I may be dense. I cannot find a:
          override option for maxversion.

All I see is as stated:
          the "make compatible" option which does not work.

Could you maybe give me a simple "where do I activate this option" rundown?

Besides we have gone away from the purpose of this thread which was how/why did HH/devs decide to replace FF2 with FF3 without notifying/asking.

Thank you for your diligence and support.

I would love to get this to work with FF3 but it is not a life thing.
          HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
          4 GB Ram
          Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

Working...
          X