This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windows and Linux on same drive - sharing directories

Hi there have been various methods described for sharing Firefox and Thunderbird profiles, but this one I find good until it errors out.
    Find desired Linux profile directory and open it, find windows source profile directory and open it (two sessions of dolphin or whatever) select all Windows files and drag them into the Linux directory. Drop them as links to source.
    Theoretically, thats great because whatever is done in Linux will then be mirrored in Windows and vice-versa. Unfortunately, sometimes I have a sharing issue after opening up Linux and opening up eg Firefox. Can anyone suggest a method around the sharing issue??
    Thanks vm.
    Alistair

Re: Windows and Linux on same drive - sharing directories

I switched my email over to IMAP so no sharing of profiles was required. And I setup Google browser sync (no longer available... Mozilla Weave is the new replacement in development) to take care of Firefox as well... I think these are better methods than dealing with the headache of trying to share a profile.

But, getting to your issue... could it be the ol' carriage return/line feed difference between Windows and *nix is borking your files?

Comment

Working...
    X