X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Browsing problem

Hello,

I am experiencing a weird problem. I can download packages via synaptic, i can download wallpapers via configure desktop, i can chat, i can send files in during chatting. BUT if i try to browse in firefox, or konquerer sometimes the pages loads nicely and i can browse without any problem. But sometimes it just waits.....

Does anyone know any possible reason for this?
    Please tell me if more information is necessary to fix this issue.

Re: Browsing problem

your browser is maybe set to "work offline"

Comment

If it is set to work offline, then I should not be able to browse any time. I can browse but not always.

Comment

how much bandwidth you have?
        this happen here because I play torrents, emule and gnutella at the same time

If so, the problem you see is because there is no bandwidth to resolve the DNS queries you've requested.
        Have you heard about DNS? when the queries are not answered, browser just waits... hello, hello

Comment

Browser 'page delays' are simply a common occurrence, no matter what browser you use. The browser 'polls' the URL it's being pointed to. The server(s) supporting the link have to push the requested pages, and images, and ... to your PC. If the polled server(s) are experiencing high useage (a lot of concurrent connections) then your request can be affected. If your ISP is experiencing problems, you can experience delays. In summary, there are any number of reasons why your browser isn't instantaneous 'all the time.'
          Windows no longer obstructs my view.
          Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
          "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
          X