This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Realtek Ethernet 8139 problems

I have a compaq AMD64 computer with a Realtek 8139 ethernet card that I just recently wiped widows from and loaded a full install of Kubuntu for AMD64 on.
    And when I boot, the internet will stay connected for about 2 minutes then disconect. Any Idea how to fix this?

Re: Realtek Ethernet 8139 problems

Are any errors recorded in /var/log/syslog ? 8139 is a pretty well-supported card, I can't imagine there's a driver problem.
    Dell Optiplex 580<br />Kubuntu 10.10 + backports

Comment

it just has this repeated at different times

/usr/sbin/cron[6834]: (root) CMD ( cd / && run-parts --report /etc/cron.hourly)
      --mark--
      --mark--background: #f5ecd4 url(images/body-bg.png) repeat-x top left;

I have tried reformatting the drive, installed kubuntu again several times, and knetwork will either say the ip is 0.0.0.0 or sometimes when I reboot it will have an ip but then after being on the internet for a few minutes it will lose connection but the ip will still be in knetwork manager.

Any clues?

Thanks.

Comment

Maybe this post will help, maybe not:

http://www.linuxquestions.org/questi...-newer-593495/

or this one:

http://www.acquiringsatellites.com/w...altek-8139-fix

Doesn't sound quite like your problem, but it might have something to do with it.
        Dell Optiplex 580<br />Kubuntu 10.10 + backports

Comment

I just wanted to check again and see if anyone might have any idea how to fix this?

Thanks!

Comment

Totally bizarre - is that an onboard or a pci card? If the latter, have you disabled the onboard one in the BIOS?
            Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

Working...
            X