This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wireless will connect to hub but no further

I am attempting to get my network up and running via USB wireless device. I am able to connect to my router and get an ip address and ping the router. When I attempt to ping out to the internet I get network unreachable. I do not know what is going on. I have successfully attached to two different routers gotten IP addresses from each and ping the router itself. I cannot go out to the internet though. (I can get out on other wireless devices and via a lan cable run from the other room.)

Please help.
    Roman

Re: Wireless will connect to hub but no further

can you get onto the routers inbuilt webadmin page? normally 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.2.1. Also some have it written on the bottom of the router

Within the router you will see a connection wizard somewhere, what you will probably find is that the router will need you to supply and username/password for your ISP so it can connect.
    Using:<br />Mint Kubuntu 7.10 (kde4 dual core 2.2ghz 4gb)<br />Freenas (nx6325 hp laptop)<br />Mint Gnome 7.10 (EEE Pc 4g white 1 gb ram)

Comment

If it's a Linksys router, the IP address (should be) 192.168.1.1
      Windows no longer obstructs my view.
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I can connect through both routers with my laptop ( a Gentoo machine). I can also connect through a lan cord with my desktop (my Kubuntu machine).

Roman

Comment

Working...
        X