• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Internet to.. get Internet?!?

:P ()(*Epic_Fail*)() :P
    Well I have read the "How to Guide" on my MacBook
    Here: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/MacBook_Santa_Rosa
    and elsewhere but... theres one problem with this guide... you need to have some sort of Internet working to A. access the guide and B. get the required apps to... well use it. :P

Sure I've tried putting the needed apps on a flash drive and transferring them that way but that doesn't seem to work the same way and the directions arn't exactly written for that method which confuses me even more.

Please tell me the Irony of all this... the whole using the Internet on my OS X to get the Internet working on my Kubuntu is killing me.
    Evil thinks not to beguile us by unveiling the terrible truth of its festering intent, but comes, instead, disguised in the diaphanous robes of virtue, whispering sweet-sounding lies intended to seduce us into the dark bed of our eternal graves.

Re: Internet to.. get Internet?!?

I don't own a macbook, sorry, but do they not still have a traditional wired adapter? That might be an option.
    Dell Optiplex 580<br />Kubuntu 10.10 + backports

Comment

I do have two other non built in wireless adapters but the wired alternative is down a set of stairs and way to far for
      "Big Blacky" (My super long Ethernet cable) or psssshhhh walking down there. Even if I did actually walk all the way down there (about 20 feet) it might not work. Alas I shall try anyway... as soon as I get this fat cat off my lap. :P

Still find the directions quite ironic...
      Evil thinks not to beguile us by unveiling the terrible truth of its festering intent, but comes, instead, disguised in the diaphanous robes of virtue, whispering sweet-sounding lies intended to seduce us into the dark bed of our eternal graves.

Comment

*Bashes head on keyboard*

Alright now ndiswrapper won't appear in Adept Installer.... I have the R151517.exe driver but ndiswrapper is nowhere to be found. Therefore dead freaking end. >

*Edit* Damn M$ has spoiled me Lunix is much more complicated then Windo$. I think I almost have it working now... I think...

Comment

Yeah.. hey its me again... I was on step sudo ndiswrapper -m and uhhh I got this message...

adding "alias wlan0 ndiswrapper" to /etc/modprobe.d/ndiswrapper ...

************************************************** **********************
          * The update-modules command is deprecated and should not be used!
          ************************************************** **********************
          ....Now what?

*Edit alright now I cant get sudo gedit /etc/modules to work...*

Comment

Working...
          X