X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No way my ""Modem is busy"" - - - !!

Compaq F765 notebook - - x86_64

Under Gutsy Gibbons, I got the winmodem to work using the hsfmodem installation via Ubuntu /Dell directories. Worked fine, but lost the ALSA sound. We now know there are fixes for this, but that's not my problem yet - - - still can't get online via Kppp

The message is always "modem is busy" when querying the modem. All the modem commands look good.

This is the only way I'm gonna get this notebook online as there are no broadband options at home. I still have to get the Atheros wireless problem solved after the modem is setup. Dialup Modem is critical.

Re: No way my ""Modem is busy"" - - - !!

winmodems are tricky under linux if any.

Anyway - u can try in konsole

Code:
    killall pppd
    or if that doesn't work

did u set-up kppp right?

have u tried a reboot?
    Wanna know more about Me and My computer then click here

Comment

I tried all that. Even attempted command line via pppconfig - - no luck.

I went back down to 7.10 and had it up and running in less than 10 minutes.

I'm seeing a lot of posts on this subject which leads me to believe there are some serious issues with these drivers under the latest kernel. Haven't given up, just taking a different approach to the situation.

Comment

you can always compile (easy) the latest kernel from kernel.org - the official site or an updated kernel than what gutsy/hardy has. However i'm happy u got it up and running.
        Wanna know more about Me and My computer then click here

Comment

Working...
        X