This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Knetworkmanager can't multihome?

I have a simple setup where I want to multihome my box. I have eth0 connected to my home network and eth1 connected to my test network. Both connections work fine, but Knetworkmanager doesn't want to let me multihome and disables one or the other if I bring one up.

I found this so apparently multihoming is too difficult for Network Manager. :P

How can I ditch Knetworkmanager and just use a straight config file/script to configure my NIC's?
    Never trust a computer you can&#39;t throw out a window.<br />&nbsp; ~Steve Wozniak

Re: Knetworkmanager can't multihome?

might want to try wicd
    http://wicd.sourceforge.net

I only use it on one network. so, I do not know if it will help you for sure. but it helped me alot with connection issues with a weak wireless card

be sure to check out the FAQ

Comment

Re: Knetworkmanager can't multihome?

Thanks. It looks like a nicer pkg than KnetworkManager, but I have 2 wired connections. So I think most of that would be unnecessary. But I'll definately try it out on my home box!

On other distros, networking just worked. Loading the right module was the hardest part. From there, just plugging it in would let it hit my DHCP to get an address. I guess I'm going to have to dig through the docs to figure out how it works and it's most likely something simple in /etc/network/interfaces that I have to manually configure.

All I want is for both NIC's to come up at boot, pull a DHCP lease and go about their merry way. But it's always the simple things that have to be so difficult.
      Never trust a computer you can&#39;t throw out a window.<br />&nbsp; ~Steve Wozniak

Comment

Working...
      X