X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no wlan in knetworkmanager

Hello,
    after an upgrade a couple of days ago, my Hardy beta won't recognize wireless networks anymore. Before that, everything went well, just as on Gutsy. Wireless networks don't appear in the context menu of knetworkmanager anymore, and since I have only WLAN here, I have to use a different computer to get online.
    I already did some researching. I tried some of the things I found:
    - lspci shows that my network controller is an Intel Corporartion PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection.
    - I checked ~.etc/network/interfaces and everything is set as supposed to there.
    - I tried to access the network with a the kubuntu hardy live cd, but failed, although it had worked previously (I think this is really odd).
    - My network device is activated.
    - Since an attempt to scan for networks via terminal results in a message that the interface isn't configured for that (or such), I am guessing that through the upgrading process my wireless driver was killed.
    Am I right or wrong? Do you need more information? How can I get the driver?

I switched to kubuntu from XP only a couple of months ago and am not too good with the terminal and compilation yet, so I would appreciate a beginner-friendly explanation a lot!
    Thanks to anyone for your help in advance!
Working...
X