X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Partitioning Problem on ThinkPad T500

Hi,

I wanted to try Kubuntu on my new ThinkPad T500. I had problems in partitioning hard drive (I've read that it's because of Rescue and Recovery and Service Partition installed by Lenovo). I've menaged to divide disk in few partitions with GParted LiveCD, then I downloaded Kubuntu install CD and tried to install it on partitions prepared by Gparted but when it comes to choose partition Kubuntu installer doesn't see any of my existing partitions (in Manual mode - look at attachment). When I chose automatic mode installer told me that he will install Kubuntu on partitions sda1 and sda5, but these are my Windows partitions!! What can I do??

Sreenshot explanation:
    - /dev/sda1 - Windows partition
    - /dev/sda2 , /dev/sda5 - partitions that I use in widows
    - /dev/sda6 - partition prepared for Kubuntu
    - /dev/sda7 - prepared SWAP partition

BTW: Sorry for my English, I now it isn't perfect...
    Attached Files

Re: Partitioning Problem on ThinkPad T500

Well from what I can gather from your screenshot your harddisk&files (I asume that is from the live cd) is mounting /dev/sda6 (your kubuntu) as /dev/sdb3.

maybe you should have a look at that.

Conversely use the Alternate CD (I always use that).

Hope that helps
    HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
    4 GB Ram
    Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

Yep, what Fintan said.

Also, FYI, the *buntu installer has been reworked a lot in 8.10. You might want to make a Live CD or an Alternate Install CD from the daily images here:

http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/kubuntu/daily-live/current/

and then use "manual" and see if it is doing a better job seeing your partitions. It sounds like you did things correctly with the GParted Live CD, so I think it should work correctly -- look where you put the checkmark in the little box for each partition that you want mounted.

Comment

Thanks for answer.

Screenshot is of course from Kubuntu Live CD.

Now I'm downloading alternate CD, I will let you know if that helps.

Comment

Working...
        X