X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hardy Network Issues

Good Morning!

Over the weekend I upgraded from Gutsy to Hardy. The download was successful and the installation merrily chugged along, until there was about 6 minutes left. The installation just sat there for nearly two hours and made no progress, with very little (almost no) HD activity.

I got frustrated so I rebooted the machine thinking something had stalled. When rebooted, I was able to verify that the current version was Hardy (I don't have the command handy that I did that with), but was not able to access Knetworkmanager with either the wireless or the wired connection (on my laptop). The network connection was fine prior to the upgrade, and subsequent reboots did not resolve the issue.

I was wondering if anyone else experienced this (or it was my fault for rebooting). I hope that I don't have to format the drive, but do keep regular backups so it's not the end of the world.

Thanks for your help and any support would be fantastic and appreciated.

Re: Hardy Network Issues

Good ... Afternoon.

You are not the only one to experience this, i will be honest, in my experience it is pointless trying to upgrade either via the internet (i know, i tried three times), or with an Alternate Install CD (i know, i tried twice).

How i did it eventually was to download and burn the Hardy Install CD.

It is not necessary to format the drive, if you simply format your present / partition (and mount it as /), and select your present /home to be mounted as /home you will find all your present settings intact when you re-boot.

Programs will need to be re-installed, though.

Comment

Working...
    X