This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: failed to install grub

Well i got it working. I used the install disk and installed gparted. deleted the two partitions I was using for HH and started over. The windows recovery partition is at the end of the disk. That is why it is labeled sda2. I can't get around that unless I move the partition or delete it. Anyhow, I repartitioned the free space as: sda1 6gib /, sda3 1gib /boot, sda4 remaining space /home. Upgraded to kde 4.1.2 and installed kde 3.5.10. Only problem now is wireless. The hardware drivers manager says support in enabled for the wireless card but WICD shows no wireless networks available. I started a new thread for this under network support. Thanks everyone for the replies. All very helpful.
    I tried Enlightenment once, it was pretty cool.

Comment

Re: failed to install grub

Yeah, I agree: Don't worry about the Windows Recovery partition at the end. No big deal at all, as long as you know what's what.
      In Kubuntu, at Konsole, if you run
      sudo fdsik -lu
      you might get your partitions printed OK and a footnote saying
      "Partitions not in disk order."
      (You can track the Beginning and End points for yourself.)
      That's OK, as you already know they are NOT in disk order: sda2 is at the end of the disk. No problems there at all -- just so you know how your disk is set up.

An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Working...
      X