X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kubuntu Installation

Hi all,

Just a note to say, I have two machines one running Winxp and Ubuntu and this machine running Winxp and Kubuntu a new install a week ago. Dual boot Sata Hard drives, one drive as master on each machine and a complete clone of master drive on second hard drive reserved for emergency not running on both machines.
    I have been using Ubuntu for couple of years and tried Kubuntu a couple of years ago but it was to command line driven for me. This time however with the Ubuntu experience it was a breeze to install using manual partitioning and setting mount on / correct partition.
    I use Acronis True Home for all my cloning and Acronis Disk Manager for all my partition work from Windows system ( one of the reasons I do not give up Windows, Acronis works with Linux and all Window formats but will not install into Linux.
    Only problem I have had with new Kubuntu WAS the Acrobat Plug in for Mozilla Firefox, found the answer to load in Kubuntu via Adept Pkg Manager. Works well now. See Ubuntucat. www.psychocats.net
    The installation was very simple using Manual partitionng once you know that your C drive in Linux is the symbol /.
    I just wanted to thank all who have worked on Kde to make it as it is now and believe I will make it my default system if it keeps going the way it is. I am not a command line person, will do so when necessary but GUI is much easier to use and does not require months of study. I came over from Windows due to greed of Microsoft and thats all I have to say about that.
    For all newbies Linux does take some study and diligence to learn and use but so did Windows when it came out so stick with. Thanks for the good job for all who put their efforts into Ubuntu and Kubuntu, you are tops.
    Ed.

Re: Kubuntu Installation

Ed, you said:
    For all newbies Linux does take some study and diligence to learn and use but so did Windows when it came out so stick with.
    For some reason, that made me realize that before I changed to Kubuntu I had 15 years of Windows experience (from 3.1 to XP) and I was still having to look things up. The real problem there is that Microsoft help for the most part is nowhere near the community assistance in Linux.

Comment

Working...
    X