This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kubuntu KDE4 on my EEE PC

So without an optical drive, I'm limited to using Wubi. I choose the appropriate settings (install to C, 30 gigs, Kubuntu KDE 4, etc.), and then it downloads the installation files. After that it tells me to reboot and when I do it comes up with the choice of either XP Home or Kubuntu. When I choose Kubuntu the screen flashes, i see brief text that comes and goes before i can read it but looks like it's starting to boot, then another flash and it goes back to the screen where I choose between the two OS's again.

I'm pretty noob so if there's any info you need to know that I haven't given just ask, other than that I'm completely lost as to what I need to do.

****UPDATE/NEW PROBLEM****
    well I ran chkdsk and that seemed to fix the problem...it boots, says press F2 to go to the menu..when I do I choose Start installer in normal mode. It starts the kubuntu loading screen and then gives me this

"BusyBox v1.1.3 (Debian 1:1.1.3-5ubuntu12) Built-in shell (ash)
    Enter 'help' for a list of built-in commands.

(initramfs) _"

Re: Kubuntu KDE4 on my EEE PC

Actually, a "Live USB stick" might be something to consider, if you've also got a desktop system to work with.

http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3089474.0

Comment

Well my issue ended up resolving itself, so I'm ecstatic now! Thank you so much for the link to the live usb, i had also been looking for that as well!

Comment

Good to hear. Could you share your resolution with us?
        HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
        4 GB Ram
        Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

Working...
        X