This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

partitioner?

I'm trying to learn my way around Kubuntu - where is the partitioner in Kubuntu 8.04/KDE? I'd like to mount several drives (not using the command line or editing fstab). Also, is there a definitive answer as to how to get 3D acceleration on my NVidia 8600 card under Kubuntu 64-bit (Athalon6000x2/AsusM2A-VM)? I recall trying before, but there are screen detection and hang problems.
    thanks,
    Patti

Re: partitioner?

For the Nvidia driver, first try the Restricted Driver Manager in KMenu>System. Should that fail to work (and it often does, for me) then install the package envyng-core. When it is installed you can issue
    Code:
    sudo envyng -t
    in a console session to launch the text mode installer, which is fairly self-evident.

I don't understand the connection you're making between the partitioner and mounting additional hard drives or partitions. You can install the excellent partitioner gparted and have a partitioner. But that won't mount anything for you. You can try the utility in Kmenu>System Settings>Advanced>Disks and Filesystems -- seems to work for some folks.

Otherwise, I'm afraid you are doomed to do a bit of CLI work and /etc/fstab editing, which various folks here will be happy to help with.

Comment

Working...
    X