X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Admin Problem

I bit the bullet and upgraded.
    Everything is out of whack. They made too many changes too fast.

For instance, when I want to enter a folder as admin, I can't right click on the folder and select "open as admin"

Also a little thing like changing the date and time in setting. I do not get and "adminstrator mode".

Can anyone tell me why?

Also, one more thing. How do I edit the black taskbar. I hate black

Re: Admin Problem

the GUI way? Dunno, but the CLI way:
    Code:
    sudo cd /directory/you/want/to/open
    But what for?
    You can simply change the directory ownership if you want to
    Code:
    sudo chmod your-user:your-group /directory
    so you won't have to be root each time (in some cases, this method is risky)

Comment

Re: Admin Problem

I am guessing this is KDE4 in Hardy
      Originally posted by Wallygreen
      I bit the bullet and upgraded.
      Everything is out of whack. They made too many changes too fast.

For instance, when I want to enter a folder as admin, I can't right click on the folder and select "open as admin"
      That feature (not originally in kde 3.5 btw) is a url=http://www.kde-apps.org/index.php?xsortmode=new&page=0&xcontentmode=287]service menu[/url, which basically is a community-created script used to do interesting and useful things not included by default. Such a service menu simply hasn't been added yet.
      Check out here and url=http://www.kde-apps.org/content/show.php/Extract+And+Compress+KDE4?content=84206]here[/url] for 2 useful ones for kde4

Also a little thing like changing the date and time in setting. I do not get and "adminstrator mode".
      Can anyone tell me why?
      This should be the same as it is in intrepid as the versions are the same, but simply try changing the time, and click apply. then the password prompt should come up.
      System settings does freeze up on me when trying to change the time settings, though

Also, one more thing. How do I edit the black taskbar. I hate black
      Right-click on your desktop somewhere and choose Desktop Settings >> Desktop Theme and select one of the existing ones, or use the New Theme button to install some new ones. There are some transparent or near transparent themes, as well as some that use your KDE's color scheme

Comment

Working...
      X